FLEA CONTROL SOLUTIONS
PURCOR Pest Solutions can help protect your home and your family with our proactive, preventive service: The Residential Defense Program.
Fleas are an unwelcome addition to any household. Typically, fleas become a problem to owners of new pets such as cats and dogs and also can become problems for pet owners during heightened activity periods for fleas, such as summer and fall.
Many pet owners can keep flea infestations at bay by using popular flea treatment medications for their pets, but unfortunately, these types of treatments won’t help a home with a flea concern.
When assessing a flea issue, there are many factors to take into account, such as outside environment, how the fleas got in, and the extent of the flea infestation. Call PURCOR’s flea control specialists to understand the situation, and how to best deal with it.
What You Should Know About a Flea Infestation
Anyone who has had fleas in their home or building knows that they are about as intrusive as any pest can be, biting family members, guests, and pets. Fleas can be a source of embarrassment and emotional distress, making the home almost uninhabitable. By learning more about fleas, you can be prepared for these hopping pests. Common facts about fleas include:
- The most commonly encountered flea in American households is the cat flea
- The cat flea is not exclusive to cats, but attacks other pets, including dogs, and is an aggressive biter of humans
- There are approximately eight other species of fleas found in the United States
- The northern rat flea, often associated with the house mouse and Norway rat, may require a significantly different control approach than the cat flea
If you decide you need professional help with a flea infestation, PURCOR offers free expert phone support to answer any questions you may have.
Are fleas dangerous?
Bites from flea infestations are notorious for the discomfort that they cause. Usually, fleas’ victims are small mammals, rodents, family pets, and, of course, humans. The illnesses fleas pass on to their hosts are generated by bacteria, viruses, and parasites that they carry from past bites.
Fleas have been identified for causing the plague, meningoencephalitis, Bartonella, Lyme disease, ehrlichiosis, and parasitic dermatitis. If not caught early, these illnesses can be fatal to those bitten. Seek immediate attention from medical and flea infestation professionals.
How PURCOR Handles Flea Infestations
If you’re worried about fleas infesting your home, never fear; PURCOR’s experienced, certified pest professionals can help shield your living space from unwanted pests. Removing fleas from your home takes time and perseverance. We’ll thoroughly inspect your home for any potential flea hotspots, such as:
- Carpets and Rugs
- Pet bedding
- Family bedrooms, where pets may sleep
- Car rugs and upholstery
- Mulch in gardens
- Cracks and crevices around the home where fleas may enter
- Basements, crawlspaces, garages, and yards for nests of flea-carrying rodents and small mammals
Request Your Free Flea Control Estimate Today
Don’t become fleas’ next meal. When you have these jumping menaces around your home, bring in the experts from PURCOR Pest Solutions. Our flea control and prevention methods are designed to give you peace of mind and shield your living space from unwanted guests. Request your free estimate from our team today.
OTHER PURCOR SERVICES
- French Drains
- Bird Removal Services
- Homeowners Association (HOA) Pest Control
- Spider Control
- Bat Control and Removal
- Cricket Control
- Snake Removal
- Bee Control
- Crawl Space Restoration and Clean-Up
- Vapor Barrier Installation, Repair, and Replacement
- Fly Control
- Tick Control
- Bed Bug Control
- Wasp Control
- Exclusion Services
- Mosquito Control
- Termite Control
- Occasional Invaders
- Cockroach Control
- Weed Abatement & Lawn Care
- Wildlife Control & Removal
- Crawlspace Services
- Commercial Pest Control
- Residential Pest Control