Treatments for this pest are included in these services:
When it comes to pest infestations in homes or businesses, bed bugs are one of the most despised. Feeding on the blood of humans as we sleep, bed bugs—scientifically known as Cimex lectularius—have made a recent comeback within both residential and commercial properties. Bed bugs don’t discriminate between dirty homes or clean ones, either, making everyone susceptible to their bloodsucking wrath as they hitchhike on luggage, clothes, used furniture, friends, family, and even yourself.
Before you request a free estimate for bed bug control from PURCOR Pest Solutions, learn more about these pesky pests.
How to Identify Bed Bugs
Many times, you notice indications of bed bugs before you spot the actual bugs. Some visible signs include:
- Red marks on skin
- Reddish, rust-colored stains
- Ink-like excrement
- Shed skins
- Eggs or eggshells
When you do discover a bed bug, you can identify them by their:
- Body – flat and oval-shaped
- Color – typically reddish-brown
- Size – at maturity, can grow to between 4 to 7 millimeters long and between 1 1/2 to 3 millimeters wide
How to Prevent Bed Bugs
There are many different ways that bed bugs can infest your home, which is why it’s important to take extra precautions to prevent them. Most of the time, bed bugs travel into your home through bedding, clothing, luggage, and boxes.
To prevent bed bugs in your home:
- Check all secondhand furniture thoroughly for signs of bed bugs before bringing them inside.
- Use mattress protectors to get rid of any hiding spots.
- Vacuum routinely to eliminate any traveling bed bugs around your home.
- Declutter your home, and seal any cracks and potential areas where bed bugs can sneak their way in.
To prevent bed bugs from invading your home:
- When traveling, check your hotel mattress for bed bugs before sitting or lying on it.
- Try to avoid setting your luggage on the hotel bed or floor.
- Be cautious when using public laundromat washers and dryers, as bed bugs can travel on clothes.
Bed Bug Elimination in your Local Area
A bed bug infestation can seem impossible to manage on your own. Luckily, you can lean on the pest professionals at PURCOR to eliminate the bed bugs in your home or hotel quickly and efficiently. Contact us today for a quote and bed bug control solutions near you.